Friday, October 1, 2010

My Husband's Spooky Tree Bottle

Wanted to share with you a very cool project that my husband, Darren, has been working on for some time now and recently finished. 



It's a spooky tree that he hand sculpted out of paper clay over a glass bottle.  He even sculpted an owl on top of a cork that fits right in the bottle to look like the owl is perched in the tree!  I thought it came out wonderfully creepy!  I always enjoy it when he is able to sit down with me and do art!  I think he does awesome work!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

It is listed now on Etsy if you would like to go check it out.  Just click on my Etsy listings in the sidebar!
Thanks for looking!!

11 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Wow he really does Jamie! I didnt realise Darren did Art as well, thats amazingly spooky! Get him to get on with that dollshouse/roombox now then, I expect great things if your all putting into it!! Will email you soon, been feeling yucky but abit better now. Kate xxx

Emme Toaye said...

Talent runs in the family, how great that is to have someone to accessorize your creatures with tree trunks!

mieljolie said...

Wow!! That is really spooky wonderful!! Love the face in the tree and the owl cork. He did a great job! But, if I were that owl, I'd be too scared to sit that calmly in that tree! ;D

Hope Darren gets more time to make stuff like this. His craftsmanship is outstanding!

Mieljolie

Andrea C said...

Wow how talented is your hubby this is so fantastic x

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

Very talented (husbant)and very spooky! My husbant only can play on xbox :(

Pattee said...

Wow your hubby is talented!!!

I love the bottle tree and owl~ What a great idea!

I wish my hubby would do art with me but he is a heady type instead... but I love him! : )
Pattee

Zan Asha said...

Wow, excellent stuff! He definitely is creative!! I love the owl corkstop, especially!!

Jeanne said...

Most awesome! What a creative team you guys make!

Barbara said...

Wonderful talent!!!!

Creepy_Creations said...

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments! I keep telling my husband that he should do more! Maybe he will after reading all these kind words!

Thanks again,
Jamie

Lorraine Escapita said...

So unique! I wish my husband would clay with me :). He'll draw with me but that's about it. I think your husband did a fabulous job! The tree is indeed spooky!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails