Monday, June 21, 2010

Witch Room Slowly Getting Fireplace!

Thought I would invite you back into the minature witch room that I have slowly been working on.  I can't believe it has been about a month now.  Not much more has been completed.  I am still working on the fireplace as you can see.  I put some paper clay over some wood, lined out the bricks and then let dry. 

Photobucket

I used this really cool stamp that I had found a while back at a craft store.  It has three different textures that resemble concrete.  I thought it would work great with the brick.  I'm not very good at mixing paint, so I just threw a bunch of different colors together as you can see below.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next, I washed it with gray to fill in the grout lines.  Below is the brick fiished.  Oh, I guess I still need to dirty it up abit so that it looks like it has been used.  Also added another piece of board on the bottom so I can add more stone under the mantel.  My husband cut the mantel for me out of an old branch that he found down at the river.  I thought it looked pretty cool.  I still need to make a stone floor for inside the fireplace.  I had one made but it ended up being too small so I need to start again.

Photobucket

Finally, below is a pic of a cobble stone effect that I tried to do out of paper clay.  Wasn't having very much luck with the stones wanting to stay on.  Might have to take this off and try again, but this is the look that I am going for.

Photobucket

Sorry, didn't have much to show this time.  Hope to have more for the next update!!  I am also planning on posting a wip soon on the dolls that I have been working on too!

7 comments:

Merry Jingle said...

It looks fab! I haven't thought to do a corner fireplace but now I have to give it a thought :)

Janice said...

I like the idea of a corner fireplace it looks really good so far. The cobble effect is very interesting I think you should persevere, it reminds me of fossilised eggs, maybe dragon eggs?!

Marion said...

Jamie, you fireplace looks real good. Did you stick the cobblestones on to the back with glue at all? If not, just use a bit of clear drying wood glue or tacky glue. That's what I use for my paperclay and it works fine. (My witch's cottage is made with paperclay )Always remember that paperclay tends to shrink a bit when drying, so you can keep your cobblestones fairly close together when you glue them on. Good luck.
Marion

Creepy_Creations said...

Thank you! I orginally was going to do a fireplace along the back wall but wanted to put a cauldron inside. Figured there would be more room if I did it in the corner!

Janice, Dragon eggs sounds cool! I never would have thought of that!!

Marion, thank you so much for the advice!! I thought of wood glue after I had already stuck down what you see. I watered some down and tried to carefully brush it in but I guess it wasn't enough. I will definetily use the glue first next time! Thanks again. Oh, I love your witch cottage by the way!!

Jamie

Marion said...

Glad to have been of some help and thanks for the compliment on my witch's cottage. I'll be coming bak to see what else you're going to do. It's looking great so far. A very good idea to have a corner fireplace wrt the cauldron. Mine is only small as you can see, but the big one is outside, so she won't need a big one over the fire inside. :-) BTW I liked Janice's comment about the dragon eggs too....
Warm regards
Marion

Ascension said...

Me encanta como te ha quedado la chimea, muy real y ademas puedes poner dentro algun caldero con fuego, genial!!
besitos ascension

mieljolie said...

Wow! Lookin' good. Love the corner fireplace, as well.

Mieljolie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails