Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wonderful Goodies from Overseas!

Wanted to show some wonderful goodies that my daughter, Kaylie, and I received from Kate Whittaker and her daughter Lola!!  Kate had a contest, on her blog, to come up with a name for one of her wonderful miniature dolls that she just got.  I was very surprised when she contacted me saying that she was going to use part of the name that I came up with!!  The prize was a very cool Alice in Wonderland book!  She was so kind since she also had picked part of a name from somebody else, she went and got another book so we could each have one!  She thought it was something that my daughter would really enjoy.  My daughter and I have not seen the movie yet, but we are going to run out and buy the dvd as soon as it comes out!  Well, to our surprise and delight not only did we receive one package, but there were two, one for each of us! 

Photobucket

My daughter's had the book in it plus an amazing story writen by Kate's daughter Lola.  Lola even drew an awesome picture of a dragon to go with it!! She is very talented and I can see her being a wonderful author when she gets older!!  She is the same age as Kaylie and my daughter was very excited when Lola asked if they could be pen pals!!  She is in to miniautures just like her mom and even has her own blog, Princess Lola's Miniature Diary .   

Photobucket

The package for me had 2 miniature magazines in it. I have not been able to find any miniature magazines here so it was very cool to be able to go through them and get some ideas for some future projects. I even seen an article with Nikki Rowe, with Witch And Wizard Miniatures, that sells awesome miniatures on Etsy.
Photobucket

Kate also sent some fun minitature items that I can use in the witch room that I am currently doing!  I was so excited to see a miniature bird cage.  I had told her that I wanted one for a project that I want to try and was going to see if I couldn't talk my husband into making one, but now I don't have to!  I'm not going to say what I want to do with it yet, it will be a surprise.  Until I am for sure I can even do it!haha

Photobucket

I was so delighted to find a miniature stack of books with a skull and potion bottle that Kate had made!  I think it is awesome!  When I finally get my own room box started, this is definitely going in it!!

Photobucket

Thank you so much Kate and Lola, you are too sweet!

2 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Jamie its our pleasure, it was a fab name suggestion, everyone loves Gertrude McHagood! And the little extras were a special thankyou for the wonderful minis you sent to us recently! Not long now til the DVD comes out then Kaylie will really love the book to go back on for reference! Cant wait to see what you make Jamie with the little bits and pieces, I know youll make some wonderful things! Oh and I realised Nikkis tutorial is in 2 parts so Ill see if I have part 2 to scan and email you as its no good without that as I can see you making a great tree! Love Kate xxx

Brenda LaBell said...

Look at all of those fab gifts, how fun!!! I love the books and skull, very cool!! Kaylie is a very talented little girl, wow. I can't wait to see what you do with your minature goodies and that Witch Room in progress.

I haven't seen the new Alice either waiting to get my copy of the DVD when it comes out.

Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend Jamie!!

Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails