Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Jack O Lantern Candy Dish

Here is a vintage Halloween style candy dish that I just listed on ebay tonight. I found this unique candy dish and thought it would look great with a Halloween theme. The knob was broken on it, but I planned on sculpting over it any way! The jol is hand sculpted out of paper clay and then painted. I repainted the rest of the dish in black, orange, green and gold to match. Then I antiqued it to give it an old vintage look and gave it a protective clear coat. I thought it turned out quite elegant looking. It measures around 8.5 inches wide and 11 inches tall (including the jol).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you would like to view the auction please click the link below:
OOAK Vintage Halloween Art Candy Dish

7 comments:

Kimily said...

This is awesome!!! Love what you did with it!

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

As always AMAZING Jamie and I want it of course, as I do all your creations, just fabulous!
I have a question Jamie,. i have a glass bottle with glass round stopper. Can I add fimo to the stopper to shape as a pumpkin and bake it, will glass be ok in the oven on the normal fimo temperature? I want the bottle to have a pumpkin stopper and thought it easier to add the fimo to the original than trying to make one from scratch in the right size to just sit on the top? thanks in advance Jamie, Kate xx

Designs By CK said...

BOOtiful candy dish!!! ~ WOW :-)

Vishing you a VONDERFUL Hallowe'en!

SpOOky CK (-:

Brenda LaBell said...

Jamie, I love it!! Such a beautiful vintage looking candy dish. How beautiful it would look on an antique side board all year round.

Brenda

The Frog Queen said...

My dear, that is stunning!!

Cheers!

By Way of Salem said...

Wow! Very inventive and it has a really eerie quality to it - you'd see it in a spooky movie or something. Fab!

Haunted Swamp Designs said...

Oh My! That's amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails