Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back from Florida and My First Halloween Show!

Just got back from my first Halloween show and what a treat to be able to experience it in Florida! Me and my family had such a great time! I thought I would share a few pics! As I told you before the show was "Spirits on First" put on by Jeanine Taylor Art Gallery in historical downtown Sanford, Florida. Jeanine and the rest of the gang were so great and they did an awesome job at making the show really cool. I met so many great people, collectors and artists!!

Here is my table for the show:
Photobucket

I had received a lot of postive comments on my work! I had made some Halloween jewelry with handmade clay beads that sold very well! I was really excited!
Photobucket

I included with the jewelry a lined coffin box, that I handpainted, to store each piece in.
Photobucket

Melissa Menzer was another artist that had a great display of antique pieces that she sculpted clay faces on. Each piece was so unique! She has quite the imagination!! I could have stared at her table for hours, there was so much detail in her work!
Photobucket

Jorge de Rojas with HohoHalloween was also there! I had seen his work before and was really excited to finally meet him! He is such a talented artist and a wonderful person!!

Photobucket

I really like his witches, so I had to get me one of his ornies!
Photobucket

I thought it was so cool! After the show, he gave my daughter one of his pieces! She was very excited, she is making him something and is going to send it to him.
Photobucket

I had such a fun time, I can't wait until next year!

4 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

WOW your stand looks amazing Jamie, well done! Love those little coffins with the jewellery, did you make the coffins yourself too?
Glad you had a great time, your daughter looks adorable, and was a lucky girl that day! Kate xx

Tiffany (aka: mieljolie) said...

Looks like you did a great job on your table. Love the variety and colors. I'm sure this is the first of many successful shows for you. The coffin gift boxes are a very nice touch! Must have one! (With jewelry, of course!) I love the cat head bracelet (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

That witch head ornament of Jorge's is really cool!

Designs By CK said...

Looks like a GREAT time was had at the show. I wished I could have been there to attend and meet you in person! I was invited to display but had a scheduling conflict. Hope you had great sales too...your daughter is SO cute! :-)

Have a great weekend.

Chris (-:

Jorge de Rojas said...

Hey Jamie, it was a pleasure to meet you as well. Hope everyone is doing great and hope to see ya next year as well. Happy Halloween
Jorge

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails