Friday, August 7, 2009

Man Eating Plant WIP

Here are a couple of pics of what I have so far on the man eating plants.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started with slicing an area out of the styrofoam ball for the mouth. Then I used paperclay and covered the ball and shaped the mouth area. Before the clay dried, I added some teeth that I had made and baked earlier out of white polymer clay. After the paperclay dried, I went back and added viens on each plant.

Now I need to finish the detailing on each and then they are ready to paint. I will be back with more pics when I have that completed!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

Jamie

11 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait to see how these plants turn out! Great use of styrofoam balls and paperclay.

Gourdqueen said...

Oooo these are so creepy cool!
Gourdie

pjhornberger said...

Just found you blog. I can't wait to see how these look. love your art!

The Frog Queen said...

Oh, how creepy!! And very cool!!

Can hardly wait for more pictures!!!

Cheers!

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Wow looking so cool already. I may have to comission a mini version for the haunted house Jamie if your up for it!! Kate xx

Designs By CK said...

FUN new WIP pieces Jamie!

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Chris (-:

Tamara Dozier said...

These are really creepy-cool. I'm looking forward to seeing your process on these. Thanks for sharing.

Pattee said...

I can't WAIT to see them completed!!!!
I just think they are fabulous!
Pattee

Kat The Hat Lady said...

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooo love these plants. Cannot wait to see them when finished. Great blog page too :-)

~dani~ said...

Just catching up and seeing if you are still able to join the Tombstone Trade this year? I would love to add you to the list. If so email me directly at ambitionsdesign@yahoo.com

Thanx~

By Way of Salem said...

Ohhhh I like what I'm seeing there! Looks creepy even without paint. Very niiiiice......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails