Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Creepy Creations Update!

Wow, I can't believe I have not posted anything in over a month! Shame on me!! I have a couple of pretty good excuses though. The main one is that I had family staying with me the whole month. So you know how that can be! HaHa! No, really I had a fun time but it is time to get back to work!! I have some really exciting and fun things coming up! Unfortunately I had to stop working on my Harry Potter clock in order to get some other stuff done, but as soon as I can I will get back to it and share some pics.


First of all, the eBay group AHQU (Artistic Halloween Queens Unite) has decided on a theme for the month of August. Are you ready for this....Malice in Wonderland! So, if you are on eBay you really must check us out and see what creative things are being listed all that month. I will be posting more later on when I start on mine, I have a few ideas rattling around in my brain.

Photobucket


Also AHQU is having an ornie swap amongst some of the artists in the group. I can't wait to see who my partner will be, I just love doing swaps! I have not really made an ornament so this should be fun! I think I might try a couple, I have been wanting to do a giveaway on my blog. I will post more information later!

Next, I am currently working on another Man Eating Plant Arrangement to sell on eBay. I had so many positive comments on the first one, I thought I would give another one a go. This time I will try and show some pics of the process.

Here is the before pic of a pot that I found. I also included the start of the ManEating Plants - rods and styrofoam balls. Wow, I really have a lot done there, huh!

Photobucket Photobucket


Actually I am making 2 arrangements. I have been invited to a Halloween Show in Florida called "Spirits on First Street"! I am really excited! I am trying to get as many projects completed as I can. That has been another reason why I am behind on my posting. Below I have a pic of the projects that I am trying to complete now. Normally I am a one at a time project kind of gal, but yes, I am trying to do all these at once. I also have 2 more clocks and 2 games and some jewelry that I would also like to complete before the show in October! I will share more pics when they are completed. You can't really tell in the pic, but there is a grandfather clock that measures a little over 24 inches tall that I will be adding a led light up scene to, a knick knack cabinet in the back that will also have a light up scene and I am adding a clock to it too, a small box that will hold a piece of jewelry that I might go ahead and sell on eBay, the two pots for the man eating plant arrangements, and a candy dish that I have already done some clay work on.

Photobucket

Well, I think I have caught you up on everything for now. I will post again soon when I have more completed on the man eating plants.

Jamie

5 comments:

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Oooh look at all those goodies, all that halloween colour, gets me in the mood! Cant wait to see how all those different items pan out Jamie! Kate xx

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Everything looks great. Loving the urns/bowls.
Hoping you mange to get all of these done in time.
Nikki x

Creepy_Creations said...

Hey Kate! Hey Nikki! Great to hear from you!!

Yes, I'm getting excited for Halloween, time to start getting some work done! I also hope that I get them all done in time!

The ones that I'm worried about are the light up clocks. I have to make a lot of clay pieces and also bribe my husband to help hook up the lights. I would like to get all three clocks done. I also found another clock yesterday that would be perfect too, but I really doubt if I can get to it in time, but I'm going to try!

Jamie

Designs By CK said...

Cool materials to work with!!!

Sounds like a FUN challenge 2!!!

Popping in to say hello & wish you a great weekend.

Chris (-:

Creepy_Creations said...

Chris, nice to hear from you again! Hope you have a great weekend too!!

Jamie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails