Friday, June 19, 2009

Halloween Jewelry Box WIP

Boy, I just noticed that I have not posted anything in awhile. Sorry about that. I have been busy working on a few new projects and thought I should go ahead and share one of them with you.

Photobucket

Isn't it beautiful?! Yah, right! Here is the before pic of a jewelry box that I found and am currently working on. Actually it didn't look this bad when I got it. I stripped all the hardware off and started sanding on it when I remembered I forgot to take a before pic. It will be, of course, a Halloween themed box hand painted in orange and black with some gold and green accents. I replaced the glass with a panel made out of polymer clay. I am also adding a light to the back that will light up the panel. I ripped out the old yucky fuzzy lining in the drawers and will reline them with a nice black corduroy material. This box also came with a wind up musical movement that I will be replacing with a new one. I would also like to make a piece of jewelry to go with it, I am still trying to decide. It is almost completed, I am just adding the finishing touches. I hope to have it ready to list in a few days. I should have some better pics for you then!!

4 comments:

Tiffany (aka: mieljolie, newbiehere) said...

Wow! One of your best projects, yet! How did you manage to achieve that rustic old minimalistic look?! ;D Hehe Just kiddin' wit'ya. Can't wait to see it finished.

Meanjolie

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Cant wait to see this one done Jamie!! Looking forward to the Harry Potter clock coming soon too :-) Kate xx

Designs By CK said...

Looking forward to seeing you work your "magic" on it! '-)

Have a great weekend.

PS: Great new blog layout too.

Chris (-:

ikatfabrics said...

Wow what a awesome jewelry box i like it so much. it is so much attractive. please post me some more jewelry boxes. For the more information visit www(dot)uzbekalive(dot)com.
Hand Painted Jewelry Boxes

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails