Monday, May 11, 2009

Haunted House Under Construction!

I am currently working on a haunted house photo box. I should have it completed in a few days and ready to post this sunday on eBay. I was planning on listing it last night, but I have not had the time to sit down and work on it like I had hoped. I did get quite a bit done this weekend, so I thought I would show some pics of what I have so far.

I found this really cool photo box the shape of a house and thought it would be fun to turn it into a haunted house. Here is a rough sketch that I did a while back. I normally don't do sketches because I am always changing my mind, but since I was decorating 4 sides, I kind of needed a plan.

Photobucket

The pic below shows the photo box painted and ready to be put back together, that is if I can remember how to put it back together. My husband always gets after me because I get so excited to start a new project I just start taking it apart and forget how I did it. I did a Halloween gumball machine once and he ended up having to sit down and figure out how to get it working again. Oops!

Photobucket

The last pic here is of a door and a side panel that I made out of polymer clay. I plan on putting the clay side panels where the photos were supposed to go in the box to give it more of a relief look.

Photobucket


I will post more pics of the house as soon as it is completed! There are some special things that I am adding to this piece that I will share with you then.

9 comments:

The Frog Queen said...

Looks fantastic so far, can hardly wait to see it completed.

Cheers!

Whittaker's Miniatures said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whittaker's Miniatures said...

So cool , great paint effects, love the way you have the wood so old and spooky! What scale will this be when finished, cant wait to see it finished, Kate xx

Creepy_Creations said...

Thank you for the wonderful comments! I am not for sure on the scale, I guess it will be a little smaller than 1:12. The house including the roof measures about 8 inches tall and 7.5 inches wide. I am using some miniature wood shutters that I got at a hobby store. They measured about 4 5/8 inches tall. I cut them in half and they fit the windows perfect. I keep thinking of more things to add, I need to quit or I will never get it done!LOL

Thanks again,
Jamie

Bone*Head*Studios said...

Jamie,
OHHHH I can't wait to see it, looks like fun!!!
How come I never find these kinda things where I shop or even out in the trash where some people seem to know where to get even more great stuff?!!!
Did you see what Marie Pattereson found as "trash" man-o-man!!
blessings,Flora

Designs By CK said...

FUN new project!

Popping in 4 a quick hello.

Sssh I'm not really here... '-)

mE (-:

Chicken Lips said...

I just know this is gonna be something special! Can't wait!

jaz said...

hi....i love your work. i can't wait to see this assembled! we sure have similar interests! if you haven't been to my blog you should check it out!

Forsikringsskader said...

Thanks guys, keep up the good work! It's just amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails