Monday, March 23, 2009

Feed Me!

I just posted my piece on eBay for the HA31 group Eerie Equinox / Spooky Spring Theme Challenge. I decided to go with a lovely Spring bouquet of man eating plants, inspired by the movie "Little Shop of Horrors".

Photobucket

The three man eating plants and 5 thorny vines have been made from paper mache and various clays.

Photobucket

The arrangement is done in black, green and orange to match the vase. The vase has a crackle finish that has also been antiqued for an aged look. There are four hand painted skull and crossbones that go around the entire vase.

Photobucket

I decided to include a one time feeding of plant food. I can't afford anymore, it will be hard enough now to work with only one thumb.

Photobucket

The whole piece measures about 21 inches high. The arrangement is not glued in so it may be added to or changed to the buyers liking.

Photobucket

Here is the link if you would like to view it on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=290304916535


Photobucket

9 comments:

Diane said...

really nice work! i love it! the vase itself is beautiful!

Tiffany (aka: mieljolie, newbiehere) said...

Yay! You finished. Looks great! I have to agree with Diane. The vase turned out really nice.

idrawpix said...

OMG Jamie! I love the "plant food" finger! Really great idea and presentation!
Happy Spring!
Karen

Designs By CK said...

OMG ~ FUN piece Jamie!!!

Popping in to say hello.

Hope you are having a great week.

Chris (-:

Halloween Artists said...

I REALLY wanted that arrangement! SOOOOooo wonderfully creative! Make more! Make more!
Day

Designs By CK said...

Hi Jamie ~ Popping in to say hello & wish you a great weekend!

I have a lil' something for ya at my blog! '-)

PS: Thanks for the vote of confidence on my new website layout too!

SpOOky Best,
Chris (-:

Creepy_Creations said...

Thank you so much for all the wonderful compliments. They were a lot of fun to make. I think I will have to try and make another spooky bouquet or maybe I should just sell them individually and let people add them to their own arrangements.

Creepy_Creations said...

Chris, OMG, Thank you so much for picking my blog, I feel so honored. I think yours is awesome!!

Thanks again,
Jamie

Chicken Lips said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I LOVE your work. That Little Shop of Horror plant is simply amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails