Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Light Up Musical Trinket Box

Photobucket

I created and sold this project back in October 2007. I had a lot of fun with this one. It was made from an old jewelry box that I had found. See bottom for before picture.


After removing the mirror and jewelry compartments, I prepped and painted. I added polymer clay Jack O Lanterns to the top and clay spiders that look like they're crawling all over the sides. Then, I removed the glass panels and added my own that I created using different colored polymer clay. When the doors are open, the scene also shows on the inside.

Photobucket

I added a light to the inside of the box so the panels light up.

Photobucket

Finally, I removed and replaced the old musical movement with a cool one that plays Alfred Hitchcock's theme "March of a Marionette". I added a clay bat to the turn knob in back for added detail.

Photobucket

Before picture of project:
Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Jamie this is stunning!! I love to see wips! I adore the ones that light up!!!!

Creepy_Creations said...

Sarah, thank you so much! I thought I would go ahead and post some projects that I have done in the past since I am not yet finished with my current projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails